Update from Leeds Golf Centre – 24th September 2020
Our guidelines and practices for safe play are in line with the Government rules and will be steered by regular updates from England Golf.
Our measures and guidelines will remain under continuous review and updated as advice from Government and England Golf evolves.
We ask both our members and visitors to be respectful, diligent and mindful of the precautions and measures we have in place.
General Conditions• Under new government rules implemented from 14th September 2020, golfers must NOT congregate in groups of more than six in any area of the clubhouse or golf club.
• Track and trace is enforced at Leeds Golf Centre, both in the clubhouse and in Wike Ridge Inn. We ask that you download the NHS track and trace app and use the QR code to register your visit. If you do not have a smart phone, please provide your contact details to us and we’ll retain your details for track and trace purposes.
• From Monday 1st June, members from different households are permitted to play two, three or four balls.
• Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to at all times – you must remain at least two metres (6ft) away from people outside your household in all areas of the club.
• Masks must be worn in the clubhouse and Pro Shop at all times
• We will be a cashless golf club so we encourage you to book and pay for your golf tee times on our website. You can pay by contactless payment in the clubhouse if required.
• Hand sanitising stations will be available – please ensure you make use of them.
• Golfers showing any signs of illness should not come to the golf course.
Play Conditions• Social distance between golfers must be maintained at all times.
• Flagsticks must not be touched and remain in the hole at all times.
• If the ball is lost or unplayable, golfers must not come back to play another ball.
• Golfers must not touch the equipment or golf balls of other players.
• There will be no rakes in the bunkers – please play preferred lies.
• Non-competitive play will be encouraged in order to avoid the need to exchange scorecards.
• Competitions are cancelled until further notice.
Our clubhouse facilities including changing rooms and toilets are reopen.
• We will be cleaning and sanitising all facilities regularly.
• Hand sanitiser stations are available and we encourage you to thoroughly wash your hands regularly before and after using the facilities.
• Social distancing measures are in place and a one way system in and out of the clubhouse will be in operation.
• Face masks must be worn when inside the clubhouse.
We’re delighted to announce the external team headed up by Dave Carrick has taken a number of steps to ensure the restaurant is COVID-19 safe and secure:
• A deep clean of the whole area has been undertaken and regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
• Sanitiser sprays are available to use through the restaurant, bar and food service areas.
• Health questionnaire will be completed daily with temperatures taken of all staff members.
• Multiple hand sanitiser units will be available for you to use.
• Our teams will be provided with suitable PPE to wear when interacting with members and visitors.
• A one way system is in place. You must enter through the front door and leave the restaurant via the terrace exit. The Pro Shop has a separate one way system in operation which remains in place.
• The restaurant will be operating a table service only.
• There will be a reduced number of tables on display both inside the restaurant and outside on the terrace to ensure that there is at least 1m social distancing for all. Tables and chairs must remain in the place they are set out, and not be moved about by golfers.
• Disposable sauces & condiments will be issued with meals to reduce contact.
• Card payment is preferred in order to limit cash payments.
• We’re pleased to announce that we will be introducing a new system ‘On The Table’ allowing you to order directly from your phones whilst you sit at your table.
• Toilets will be regularly checked and cleaned by team members.
• We ask that members and guests be mindful of others, maintaining correct social distancing at all times, following directional signage, which should allow a controlled flow of members and guests without compromising the guidelines.
• Track and trace will be enforced within the restaurant.
Driving Range• The driving range is open daily.
• A one way system will be implemented in order to ensure we respect self distancing rules.
• You must use your own clubs – no rental clubs will be available until further notice.
• Wipes will be provided – please ensure you thoroughly wipe all screens before and after use.
• Social distance between players must be maintained.
• Baskets will be disinfected and cleaned regularly by our team.
Pro Shop• The shop will operate a one way system.
• There will be a restriction of how many people are allowed in a Pro shop at any given time.
• We’re a cashless club until further notice so payment will only be via contactless payment.
• Masks must be worn at all times in the Pro Shop.
Golf Buggies• Golf buggies can be hired for your round.
• They are limited to one per person or two people can share a buggy if they live in the same household.
Lessons:• Lessons are now in operation with social distance practices in place. Please be aware the Pros are operating a revised teaching schedule. For more information please call 0113 2886000
• Guidance remains unchanged for group lessons. Groups of up to five adults and 15 children can be taught in a group lesson. Social distancing measures will be implemented.
• Sanitisation of all contact points in our teaching bays and studios take place between each lesson.
• Coaches will happily wear masks if clients request.
Practice Area• Our practice area will be open but we request all golfers to ensure they remain at a safe distance between other golfers.
The Oaks Par3 Course• Our Par3 course is fully open. Please adhere to the social distancing rules in place. Tee times can be booked directly on our website.
Footgolf• Footgolf is now fully open. Pre-booking is essential via telephone 0113 2886000 or on our website.
In line with the most recent Government guidelines society golf must adhere to the latest guidance. Society bookings must book in four balls with one lead name per four ball.
We thank you for your co-operation and look forward to welcoming you to Leeds Golf Centre.