Update from Leeds Golf Centre – 3rd July 2020
Our guidelines and practices for safe play are in line with the Government rules and will be steered by regular updates from England Golf.
Our measures and guidelines will remain under continuous review and updated as advice from Government and England Golf evolves.
We ask both our members and visitors to be respectful, diligent and mindful of the precautions and measures we have in place.
General Conditions• Under new government rules released on 28th May 2020, from Monday 1st June, members from different households are permitted to play two, three or four balls.
• Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to at all times – you must remain two metres (6ft) away from people outside your household in all areas of the club.
• We will be a cashless golf club so we encourage you to book and pay for your golf tee times on our website. You can pay by contactless payment in the clubhouse if required.
• Hand sanitising stations will be available – please ensure you make use of them.
• Golfers showing any signs of illness should not come to the golf course.
• We will have a course marshal and we will enforce the restrictions are adhered to – we thank you in advance of your co-operation.
Play Conditions• Social distance between golfers must be maintained at all times.
• Flagsticks must not be touched and remain in the hole at all times.
• If the ball is lost or unplayable, golfers must not come back to play another ball.
• Golfers must not touch the equipment or golf balls of other players.
• There will be no rakes in the bunkers – please play preferred lies.
• Non-competitive play will be encouraged in order to avoid the need to exchange scorecards.
• Competitions are cancelled until further notice.
Our clubhouse facilities including changing rooms and toilets will reopen on Saturday 4th July.
• We have deep cleaned all facilities and will be cleaning and sanitising all facilities regularly.
• Hand sanitiser stations are available and we encourage you to thoroughly wash your hands regularly before and after using the facilities.
• Social distancing measures are in place and a one way system in and out of the clubhouse will be in operation.
We’re delighted to announce the external team headed up by Dave Carrick will be opening from 2pm on Monday 6th July. Dave is introducing a brand new menu as part of his offering to enhance member and visitor experience whilst visiting Leeds Golf Centre.
Dave has taken a number of steps to ensure the restaurant is COVID-19 safe and secure:
• A deep clean of the whole area has been undertaken and regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
• Sanitiser sprays are available to use through the restaurant, bar and food service areas.
• Health questionnaire will be completed daily with temperatures taken of all staff members.
• Multiple hand sanitiser units will be available for you to use.
• Our teams will be provided with suitable PPE to wear when interacting with members and visitors.
• A one way system is in place. You must enter through the front door and leave the restaurant via the terrace exit. The Pro Shop has a separate one way system in operation which remains in place.
• The restaurant will be operating a table service only.
• There will be a reduced number of tables on display both inside the restaurant and outside on the terrace to ensure that there is at least 1m social distancing for all. Tables and chairs must remain in the place they are set out, and not be moved about by golfers.
• Disposable sauces & condiments will be issued with meals to reduce contact.
• Card payment is preferred in order to limit cash payments.
• We’re pleased to announce that we will be introducing a new system ‘On The Table’ allowing you to order directly from your phones whilst you sit at your table or even as you’re coming off the 18th…More details will follow…
• Toilets will be regularly checked and cleaned by team members.
• We ask that members and guests be mindful of others, maintaining correct social distancing at all times, following directional signage, which should allow a controlled flow of members and guests without compromising the guidelines.
Driving Range• The driving range is open daily 8am – 8pm
• A one way system will be implemented in order to ensure we respect self distancing rules.
• You must use your own clubs – no rental clubs will be available until further notice.
• Wipes will be provided – please ensure you thoroughly wipe all screens before and after use.
• Social distance between players must be maintained.
• Baskets will be disinfected and cleaned regularly by our team.
Pro Shop• The shop will operate a one way system.
• There will be a restriction of how many people are allowed in a Pro shop at any given time.
• We’re a cashless club until further notice so payment will only be via contactless payment.
Golf Buggies• Golf buggies can be hired for your round.
• They are limited to one per person or two people can share a buggy if they live in the same household.
Lessons:• Lessons are now in operation with social distance practices in place. Please be aware the Pros are operating a revised teaching schedule. For more information please call 0113 2886000
Practice Area• Our practice area will be open but we request all golfers to ensure they remain at a safe distance between other golfers.
The Oaks Par3 Course• Our Par3 course is fully open. Please adhere to the social distancing rules in place. Tee times can be booked directly on our website.
Footgolf• Footgolf will re-open on Saturday 11th July. Pre-booking is essential via telephone. Please call 0113 2886000 to book.
We thank you for your co-operation and look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds Golf Centre.