Update from Leeds Golf Centre – w/c 30th November 2020
Our guidelines and practices for safe play are in line with the Government rules and will be steered by regular updates from England Golf.
Our measures and guidelines will remain under continuous review and updated as advice from Government and England Golf evolves.
We ask both our members and visitors to be respectful, diligent and mindful of the precautions and measures we have in place.
Latest Government Update
Following the latest Government announcement on 26th November, Leeds will be entering tier three restrictions when we are allowed to re-open on Wednesday 2nd December. Members and visitors are not able to socialise with people outside of their household but are able to continue to play golf and use our golfing facilities. Our halfway house will be open daily serving refreshments and light bites (takeaway service only)
• Do not deliberately ignore these rules, they are not set by the club, management or employees, but by the Government.
• Do not gather in the entrance, at the notice boards or in the locker rooms.
• Look out for further guidance and announcements from the Government or Leeds Golf Centre that inform you of changes or limitations.
• Be aware that society groups are no longer able to socialise together in the clubhouse or Wike Ridge Inn at any point during their visit.
• Do not force the team or fellow members to be put in an awkward situation of confronting you or reporting you as failure to abide by the rules will result in strict disciplinary action from the club.
General Conditions• Track and trace is enforced at Leeds Golf Centre, both in the clubhouse and in Wike Ridge Inn. We ask that you download the NHS track and trace app and use the QR code to register your visit. If you do not have a smart phone, please provide your contact details to us and we’ll retain your details for track and trace purposes.
• Members from different households are permitted to play two, three or four balls.
• Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to at all times – you must remain at least two metres (6ft) away from people outside your household in all areas of the club.
• Masks must be worn in the clubhouse and Pro Shop at all times
• We will be a cashless golf club so we encourage you to book and pay for your golf tee times on our website. You can pay by contactless payment in the clubhouse if required.
• Hand sanitising stations will be available – please ensure you make use of them.
• Golfers showing any signs of illness should not come to the golf course.
Play Conditions• Social distance between golfers must be maintained at all times.
• Flagsticks must not be touched and remain in the hole at all times.
• If the ball is lost or unplayable, golfers must not come back to play another ball.
• Golfers must not touch the equipment or golf balls of other players.
• There will be no rakes in the bunkers – please play preferred lies.
• Non-competitive play will be encouraged in order to avoid the need to exchange scorecards.
• Competitions are cancelled until further notice.
Our clubhouse facilities including changing rooms and toilets are open from 2nd December.
• We will be cleaning and sanitising all facilities regularly.
• Hand sanitiser stations are available and we encourage you to thoroughly wash your hands regularly before and after using the facilities.
• Social distancing measures are in place and a one way system in and out of the clubhouse will be in operation.
• Face masks must be worn when inside the clubhouse.
Restaurant / Halfway House
Unfortunately under the current Government restrictions, Wike Ridge Inn is unable to reopen.
The halfway house will be open from 2nd December from 9am daily. We will be serving hot and cold drinks, snacks, breakfast sandwiches , soup, pies and pasties as well as other daily specials including hog roast sandwiches
Driving Range• The driving range is open daily from 2nd December 2020.
• A one way system will be implemented in order to ensure we respect self distancing rules.
• You must use your own clubs – no rental clubs will be available until further notice.
• Wipes will be provided – please ensure you thoroughly wipe all screens before and after use.
• Social distance between players must be maintained.
• Baskets will be disinfected and cleaned regularly by our team.
Pro Shop• The shop will operate a one way system.
• There will be a restriction of how many people are allowed in a Pro shop at any given time.
• We’re a cashless club until further notice so payment will only be via contactless payment.
• Masks must be worn at all times in the Pro Shop.
Golf Buggies• Golf buggies can be hired for your round.
• They are limited to one per person or two people can share a buggy if they live in the same household.
Lessons:• Lessons will be back in operation from 2nd December 2020 with social distance practices in place. Please be aware the Pros are operating a revised teaching schedule. For more information please call 0113 2886000
• Guidance remains unchanged for group lessons. Groups of up to five adults and 15 children can be taught in a group lesson. Social distancing measures will be implemented.
• Sanitisation of all contact points in our teaching bays and studios take place between each lesson.
• Coaches will happily wear masks if clients request.
Practice Area• Our practice area will be open but we request all golfers to ensure they remain at a safe distance between other golfers.
The Oaks Par3 Course• Our Par3 course is fully open from 2nd December 2020. Please adhere to the social distancing rules in place. Tee times can be booked directly on our website.
Footgolf• Footgolf will be fully reopen from 2nd December 2020. Pre-booking is essential via telephone 0113 2886000 or on our website.
In line with the most recent Government guidelines society golf must adhere to the latest guidance. Society bookings must book in four balls with one lead name per four ball.
We thank you for your co-operation and look forward to welcoming you to Leeds Golf Centre.